Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tagged!

I Got Tagged! Nearly a month back. Blame it on my 'short term' memory loss, I completely forgot about it till clone-ji reminded me. I was almost tempted to copy-paste the contents of his blog as there were striking similarities in our likes/dis-likes :)
But I completely assure you that none of the contents of this blog are ^C and ^V-ed. Every single character in this blog is a result of me hitting the key board on one sleepy Thursday afty! Before I start with my long list lemme stretch myself and give a loud yawwwwwwwwwwwn! :D

Things That Drive Me Mad:

1) People who are not at close to me invading my personal space. It gets extremely frustrating when circumstances force me to keep my mouth shut. ggrrrr.. Wish I could lash my tongue out at them.

2) The influential and the rich showing their 'power' in temples. This is something which I have seen in almost every temple I've visited. It sometimes make me wonder - Will God really bless them when they are blissfully taking darshan for hours together when hundreds and thousands of other devotees are being made to wait for hours and being deprived of darshan

3) People not taking care of books that they borrow from me and return it back in a tattered condition. Also, I feel bad all over when they come up with excuses like "Did I take the book from you? I don't remember. You must have misplaced it some where". Right!

4) People who think it's ok to talk in their mother tongue when none of the other junta in the group know what the hell is going on. How can people be so insensitive?

5) Kids who think its their birth right to yell away to glory in movie theaters/trains/buses. Even worse, their parents admiring them instead of admonishing them.

6) Traffic jam!!!! gggrrrrrrrrrr.

7) Power-cut when a cricket match is going on. Nothing can be as frustrating as that!

8) Unclean bathrooms - Also, people who live in the illusion that no one will use the bath room after them and leave the room slippery with soap traces in the corners. Ugh! Another corollary - Unclean and smelly toilets.Yuck! Need I say more?

9) When I have to eat with some one who eats/drinks noisily. Gives me a feeling that I am sitting next to a buffalo!

10) Himesh Reshamaiyya. Guess I will stop it here. Am planning to write a separate blog on how much I love to hate his music and voice.

11) DOGS!! Maaaan..I can't stand them.

12) The never ending TV serials. Also the host of reality shows that every channel dishes out.

13) People from the rest of India having preconceived notions that all 'Madrasis' are inferior to them because they eat only idli/vada, don't know a word of Hindi and speak English with a Tamil accent.

14) I have to spend the whole day out in Chennai when the temperature is close to 40 degrees with humidity of 80 % .

15) BANGALORE! Agreed that Bengalaroo is my karma bhoomi but sometimes I wish I could run away from here.



Things That Lift My Spirits:

1) When any of my dear friends call me when I least expect! It really cheers me up and makes my day.

2) I get to reach office in less than an hour! On such days I feel that things will go right in office, come what may and believe me it does :) (like today)

3) When I hear my favorite song in radio/tv after a loooong time.

4) Browsing in an uncrowded book shop for hours together. Aaah Heaven!

5) Spending the whole weekend in slumber land. :)

6) Dreaming that something I was really wishing for came true. It really lifts my spirits and I get it done!

7) Hanging around with my friends and having a good time. I get a real high in pulling my friends leg especially Sanjay, Jagadeshwari and Gayathri.

8) Solving a complex problem at work.

9) Getting to watch an interesting absorbing cricket match with a nail biting finish.

10) Hogging lotsa chocolates without any concern of putting on weight and later realizing that I have not gained any kilos at all. Wish this could happen all the time!

11) The very thought of settling in some city where all my friends are my next door neighbors! ( If this happens, I wouldn't mind living in Bangalore!)

12) Eating out in my favorite restaurant! If it's a treat the joy doubles!

13) Ma massaging my hair and me drifting to sleep.

14) Trying out a dress when I am shopping and realizing that it fits me and suits me perfectly!

15) Early morning walks at Sankey Tank. Aaah. The very thought of it cheers me up. Trust me it's nature at it's best - the cold but gentle morning breeze greeting me when I enter the compound, birds chirping away incessantly, scores of fish bobbing in and out from water to eat the puffed rice that people throw, water snakes darting in the lake from time to time, the occasional kingfisher diving in the lake for its morning kill, the scent of flowers that have just bloomed...I get to experience all this just a km away from home!
(Wonder why BMP had to do renovation work there when things were just perfect. :( The whole place is a clay mountain now)

16) Some one appreciating my voice. I don't sing that well.. still.. it really encourages me.


Since this is the first time I am into 'tagging' I have no idea on how to carry it forward. Suggestions are most welcome!

8 Comments:

Blogger Avi said...

There is something prominent missing in both categories!!!!
Somebody is upset!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good compilation of likes/dislikes....I liked the 10th pt in the second category!! Im with you for that ;)
Btw, how long did you take to make this list? eh?

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice One ViSa!!
But in continuation of what 'avi' said,
you forgot to mention abt madhavan also
That would make both the categories even ;)

And yes, there is some one promiment
missing in second category ;)

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one vidya..
but pulling our legs, lifts ur spirit.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expect first list to be more longer than it is.
Let me do it:
Autowalas with tainted meters
Somebody forcing you to study
Kareena Kapoor; Tanushree Dutta(latest addition)
Anybody badmouthing Rahul Dravid

4:32 PM  
Blogger ranga said...

@ AVI : Who is upset and what have I missed in both categories? Kindly elaborate ;)

@ Anon (Archana): FYI, I never put on any weight after hogging all the chocs that you'd given me after your Calgary trip! :) And the answer to your question- Guess it took me an hour odd to compile them. It was on and off. I'd worked on QBI, had gone to music class and had been to St John's to watch the cricket match and in between all these I came up with this list!

@ MSN : I decided to give Maddy a miss, b'coz he comes in the "My Dil Goes Hmmmmm" category" :D
And whom did you mean in the IInd category ? ;;) Is it someone with a million $ smile. Hehe

@ Gayathri : Ofcourse Maoooooooo :)

@ SR : Oyeee Rana, you got all of them rite! Actually I plan to write a separate blog on auto drivers. Mebbe you should modify Item No. 3 in your list. It is "I can't stand any heroine whom Rana likes" ;) And yes I can think of one more- Rana-ji not letting me flirt with anyone ;)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Ranjit Nair said...

Doppleganger,
Lotsa similar ones of course, but then that was to be expected. The borrowing books was one I missed out on :). But surprisingly enough, a HUGE dissimilarity - I rather like dogs :). And hey, Himesh does have some okayish semi-sufi stuff I though, esp Aak Ki Kashish. The pleasure of watching a tight cricket-match rings a bell, but of course :D.

Carrying it fwd - simple enuf..is like the game-of-tag yaar, anybody who reads this has to make up their own list, and anybody who reads that then has to make up their own, and so on & so forth.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm
So many comments posted ....Anyways you have made a nice list of things you like to do and not like to do...
I tell you one thing... one of my new roommates read it and she felt so nice about the facts you have listed out.
You have surely brought out a new face of a blog...and thats very nice and interesting.
As far as pulling my legs is concerned.... I too enjoy it yaar..!!
I still remember me asking you "Have you taken bath ?? ;-))" ha ha ha !!!
Just kidding...

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home