Monday, February 13, 2006

It's yet another V-Day this year...

The whole world seems to be painted red. Almost all magazines/news papers/radio/tv channels have a 'red' supplement suggesting the ideal formula for Valentine's Day -- flowers, chocolates, teddies, dinner, movie..blah blah.

All this makes me wonder.. Does everyone get to have a real good time on Valentine's? How many are fortunate to get those special gifts on V-Day?
(BTW I aint talking about the romantic aspect of V-Day here. Just spending the day in a special way with friends)

I had always wanted to V-day to be a special day, with me receiving lotsa gifts and of course me gifting others also. But in my 20 odd years of existence, V-day has been like any other ordinary day. In my school/college days no one (atleast in my gang) paid much attention to it. It was during my MCA days in Pune that V-Day actually meant something to me.The first 2 years were spent in heading out somewhere with my pals to celebrate (don't remember much of it now tho'). The last year of my MCA days were special to me.. for all reasons.. including V-Day. What started out like an ordinary day turned out to be a perfect day.. perfect V-Day with my deal pal Sanjay.

The day began like any other day in student life - Lectures scheduled in morning (Think it was COM/DCOM elective!). After that we decided to head to the Ahobila Mutt in Pashan as it had been a while since I had darshan of Mr Balaji and also to smack the yummy prasad! ;) We headed back to Sanjay's flat to lunch/relax and have fun with the remaining gang - Akash, Ankit, Cheety, Manoj, Praveen, Tabu.

Sanju and I had booked tickets for a flick at E-Square not realizing that it was scheduled on Feb 14th. I was all very excited about it 'coz it will be the first time I will be stepping inside a multiplex and yes, the movie promised of a great and original idea based on Ramayan (Guesses anyone ? ;) ) .
Unfortunately it turned out to be a blooper. :( Nevertheless we had a good time passing comments [ sometimes raunchy ones ;) ]. Since we were living on a frugal student budget we sneaked in channa, biscuits and other eatables and were extremely pleased and proud of ourselves for getting past the security check!

Post movie we bumped into several other junta from dept and we sold the crap movie we'd seen as an amazing work. Believe me it worked!
(Hehehe. How can ppl be so gullible!) We then strolled across all the shops in the complex, ogled at all the couples there and cracked jokes about them. Sanju then convinced me to check out some earrings at a stall (I was never keen on earrings till then) and after sifting through several earrings much to the shopkeeper's annoyance he showed me a pair of danglers. I instantly fell in love with 'em and it looked great on me. (My obsession with all these fancy earrings began from that day. Blame Sanjay for this!) When I decided to buy them Sanju tells me that this is his V-Day gift for me! I was elated. My very first V-Day Gift! My unfulfilled dream for several years coming true when I least expected it! WOW! I then made an impromptu decision to gift Sanjay something. It then struck me that he always wanted to read 'Pride and Prejudice'. Without his knowledge I sneaked into the Crossword store hoping that they have the book. Thankfully, I found a collectors edition of the book and I got it gift wrapped at a break-neck speed. (You see Sanju was hunting for me wondering where the hell I was!) When I gifted the book to him - The smile in his face was priceless(Like a popular ad says)

As a person who always likes surprises, I felt very special, glad and thrilled that evening. I was on cloud nine for my unrealised dream to come true unexpectedly!

P.S - The next V-Day turned out to be a boring one. I guess this V-Day will turn out to be as dull and boring like the First 2 India-Pak test matches. Wudn't the dream come true once again? :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Ranjit Nair said...

So, how was THE day then :), or is tht gonna be another post ?

1:47 AM  
Blogger ranga said...

Ranjit : The day went like how I'd predicted in the P.S section of my blog.
How about you? Musta been a special one for you rite ? ;;) Like always, am all ears for the details :D

8:11 PM  
Blogger Ranjit Nair said...

My VDay....unfortunately stuck here, so not much fun ! Special one - quite true :). Details in person (matlab over chat/email).

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home